It's Five for Friday time with Doodle Bugs again!
1. We started our poetry unit in writing workshop. To begin the unit I had each student fill out a K-W-L chart. They had fun listing what they knew about poetry and what they wanted to learn. They'll fill out the learned section when we're completely finished with our study of poetry in a few weeks.
2. We've been learning about area this week and we've had a lot of fun. Check out this post to see all of the fun activities we did.
3. I often bring a green smoothie to school for a snack. My students think it looks disgusting and I constantly reassure them that you can't taste the spinach. I told them I would bring in my blender one day and whip up some homemade smoothies. Green smoothies for St. Patrick's Day! They loved this sweet and healthy treat on Friday afternoon.
4. Have you heard of Pennies for Patients? It's a campaign we participate in every year to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This year, my class wanted to bring in at least $300 to be a gold level class. Well, they exceeded their goal and actually brought in $421.05 in a little less than two weeks! They won a class pizza party for bringing in the most money in the entire school. They loved dropping their spare change in the box every morning!
5. We set up our Geometric Solids Museum this week. I'll be blogging about this activity on Monday so be sure to check back! Do you have a math project you want to share? Be sure to link up with Cindy for the Math Monday Blog Hop! My students insisted we have a "Do Not Touch" and "No Flash Photography" sign like the real museums. So cute!
How was your week?