It's the first week of school and I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week! Hop on over and check out some great teaching blogs! You're sure to find something you can implement in your classroom right away.
My must haves this school year are:
1. My Cricut machine. I'm going to use this a lot this year! I made my own birthday chart to match my Dr. Suess theme.
2. My SMARTboard! I use my SMARTboard every single day in my classroom. My students love it and so do I. SMART Exchange is a wonderful, wonderful website with interactive SMARTboard lessons for every subject and grade level.
3. Dr. Suess items from the Target Dollar Spot. Not everything I purchased is pictured. I stocked up and went a little crazy! I really love the "Cat in the Hat" and "Thing 1 & Thing 2" whiteboards. I added magnets to the back and have them hanging on my desk.
4. "Getting to Know You" activity for the first day of school. My students loved walking around the room this morning and asking their friends questions. We learned a lot about each other today!
5. Teacher toes! I saw a similar idea on Pinterest that I neglected to pin. (It was for painted fingernails and had a different teacher design on each one.) I got a pedicure this weekend and had my wonderful pedicurist paint pieces of notebook paper complete with an A+! One of my favorite subjects to teach is writing! :) And 2nd graders notice EVERYTHING about your appearance. I thought it would be a fun way to start the school year.
What are some of your must haves this school year? Be sure to link up or leave a comment.
ABCs & 123s,